Since it's Christmas I thought we'd do something fun together so today I'm showing you how to make one of my favourite sweet treats- peanut butter cups! They're super easy to make, so delicious, and the best part is you only need 3 ingredients..oh and did I mention that they're vegan too?! They make the perfect Christmas gift when wrapped in little cellophane bags...that's if you don't eat them all first! If you give this recipe a go please do let me know how you get on and share your photos with me over on Instagram @claireelizabethcakes
Vegan Peanut Butter Cups:
100g peanut butter (choose your favourite!)
50g icing sugar
200g vegan chocolate
Optional ingredients can include salt and vanilla extract
You'll also need some mini paper cases to make your cups!
- Put your peanut butter in a mixing bowl and sift in the icing sugar. Beat together until you have a smooth dough..unless of course you're using crunchy peanut butter!
- Using your hands, roll pieces of this dough into small balls and transfer to a tray lined with baking parchment. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes
- Melt your chocolate and put a small amount of this into your paper cases (or you can use silicone ones!). Take your peanut butter dough balls out of the fridge and place one into each case. Pour the remaining melted chocolate on top of until the peanut butter filling is fully coated.
- Top each cup with a roasted peanut to decorate...or just keep them as they are!
- Chill in the fridge for another 20 minutes....and then they're ready to eat!
To make a non vegan version, you can add 25g of softened butter to the peanut butter dough for extra richness and flavour, and of course use any kind of chocolate you like!
Enjoy...and have a very Happy Christmas :-)